Need a little therapeutic crafting pick-me-up?
Consider coming to one of the Durham Tech Crafternoons happening this week on the Main and Orange County Campuses and creating your own felt pennant!
Join us on Wednesday, September 22 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM in the Orange County Campus Lobby or on Thursday, September 23 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM downstairs in the Main Campus Library for some socially distanced fun.
Paint, felt pennant/banner, scissors, rulers, graph paper template (for those who like to do some planning), and some letters to create your own logo stencil will be provided.
Crafternoons are co-sponsored by the Library and Student Engagement and are open to all students, faculty, and staff.
Want some inspiration or your own template to work with? Keep reading!
- Mini Penny has a blog post that uses felt-on-felt (we’re using fabric paint instead of sewing anything), but discusses letter placement and general tips and tricks.
- Handmade Charlotte uses letter templates to design her pennants. (We’ll have some letters available to cut out and use at the event.)
- Joann Fabric has some designs for inspiration in their beginner-level project.
- DecoArt showcases a vertical layout for their painted pennants created using stencils.
Want to pre-plan or make your own felt pennant? See below for pdfs of the template that will be available at our Crafternoon events– it prints on an 11×17 (tabloid) sheet of paper, but can be printed on two standard sheets of paper (8.5×11).
- basic blank pennant template with grid paper [pdf]
- sample logos on pennants [pdf]
- letters to arrange on felt pennants for custom sayings [pdf]
You can always find information about when our upcoming Crafternoons are happening on the Durham Tech’s Events Calendar (search keyword: crafternoon) or by subscribing to updates through our Crafternoon updates form.
Questions about the Main Campus Crafternoon? Contact the library: 919-536-7211 or library @ durhamtech.edu
Questions about the Orange County Campus Crafternoon? Contact Meredith Lewis: lewisma @ durhamtech.edu