Films On Demand is a streaming video platform that features high quality educational video content. The collection includes more than 20,000 films and is constantly growing! The collections include award winning documentaries, instructional and vocational training videos, interviews, archival primary source materials, historical speeches, newsreels, and videos aligned with college curriculum. Subjects include automotive, business, economics, health, medicine, humanities, social sciences, mathematics, natural sciences, and vocational trades. Also included are travel and fitness programming, how-to videos, and popular music and dance performances.
Some of the benefits and key features of the platform include:
- Films are segmented into easy-to-use clips
- Powerful browse & search tools
- Ability to share, save, and organize videos and custom playlists
- Closed-captioning and transcripts on thousands of titles
- HTML embed code that allows direct access to videos from Sakai
- Email alerts can be set up under preferences for a particular subject or discipline when new content is added
- Citation options
- iPad friendly
Explore Films on Demand today! Create a free account to get started. Let the library staff know if you have any questions. The helpful user’s guide will orient you to this new resource.