You’ve certainly been to the library in the ERC to check out some of our 40,000-plus books, but be sure to check out the e-book offerings from NC LIVE as well!
On the Durham Tech Library home page, click on E-books and Digital Audio Books. From there, follow the link to NC LIVE e-books. In the search box on that page, you can type your search term(s) to get started. You can also click on one of the individual collections, such as
- ebrary Academic and Public Library Complete, which offers over 100,000 academic titles, about a third of which were published since 2010
- eBooks on EBSCOhost, with over 25,000 titles aimed at a variety of audiences, including researchers
- a collection of about 370 titles tailored to the Durham Tech community on the MyiLibrary platform
- twenty-six reference books from Gale Virtual Reference
- a few hundred titles including history reference, as well as study guides and critical companions to works of literature
- Learning Express Library Career and Test Prep
- One Click eBooks
You can also visit NC LIVE’s Home Grown eBook Collection, which “offers a wide range of content, including novels by popular North Carolina authors, poetry, short stories, and non-fiction,” according to the August 2014 press release. This collection is on the BiblioBoard platform and is compatible with Safari and Chrome browsers.
LearningExpress Library offers online tutorials, practice tests and eBooks aimed at people who want to improve their test-taking and workplace skills.
LearningExpress Library offers the following :
- Self-paced e-courses for improving skills with Microsoft Word and Excel, social networking as part of the job search, and professional writing for cover letters and on-the-job reports.
- Practice tests for the GED, SAT, and GRE, plus a variety of occupational assessments. There are even resources for children and young adults preparing for standardized testing!
- eBooks that focus on career-ready basics, including managing personal finances, public speaking and statistics.
Patrons create a free account to access and save resources to their profile.
LearningExpress Library is available here: http://www.nclive.org/cgi-bin/nclsm?rsrc=219
New Online Practice Exams Available in April 2012:
- NCLEX-RN Practice Test
- ASSET Practice Tests: Writing, Numerial, Reading, Elementary, Intermediate, and College Algebra, and Geometry Skills
New eBooks Available in April 2012:
- Nursing Assistant/Nurse Aide Exam, Fifth Edition
- Career Changer’s Manual
- 501 Geometry Questions, Second Edition
- ACT Flash Review
- Practical Math Success in 20 Minutes a Day, Fifth Edition
Thanks to NC LIVE, we now have access to even more e-books- the Open Library Borrowing Collection is now a part of NC LIVE!
This new source of freely available downloadable eBooks is available to all North Carolinians.
Interested? Find out more at http://nclive.org/cgi-bin/nclsm?rsrc=288 (password required off campus, contact us if you need it).